Forensic Acoustics Subcommittee - Acoustical Society of America
This is an archival version of the ASA Forensic Acoustics Subcommittee website. The Subcommittee was active between 2010 and 2013. It is no longer active.
The scope of the Subcommittee includes (but is not restricted to):
- Promotion of research on forensic analysis of audio recordings of acoustic events, e.g., voice recordings, gunshot recordings.
- Promotion of research on increasing the validity and reliability of forensic analysis of audio recordings including research on the extraction of information from the acoustic signal and on statistical modeling of acoustic data.
- Promotion of research on scientifically valid and transparent approaches to the evaluation and presentation of forensic-acoustics evidence.
- Promotion of research on audio clean-up for enhanced intelligibility and subsequent forensic processing.
- Promotion of research on authentication of audio recordings.
- Promotion of research on other issues related to forensic acoustics.
- Promotion of the collection of databases of audio recordings appropriate for forensic research and casework applications.
- Development of best-practice guidelines / standards for forensic acoustics.